If this is your first time making grain-free treats, you'll notice how the dough doesn't hold together like dough using regular flour. That's because the gluten is the bonding agent in the dough, and there's none in this recipe. Don't worry — just follow the directions below to craft the perfect grain-free dog treat!
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1/8 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons The Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flours, flaxseed, Pro Bloom, and cinnamon). Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the bananas, peanut butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and water until well combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients slowly into the dry ingredients until combined. The dough will be crumbly, but moist.
- Using your hands, scoop out the mixture and pack together into a fist-shaped ball.
- On a long piece of parchment paper (about the length of your cutting board), place the ball of dough in the middle of the paper.
- Fold one half of the parchment paper over the ball (make sure it's completely covered). Using your rolling pin, gently roll out the ball to 1/4 thickness. Use a cookie cutter to press out shapes and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Keep them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe Source: Amy Tokic of The Honest Kitchen